Peabody was founded in 1883 and has grown to be the world’s leading pure-play coal company. They employ over 4,000 people globally in more than 25 countries on six continents. Their commitment to sustainability underpins their activities today and helps to shape their strategy for the future. Peabody take responsibility for the environment, benefit their communities and restore the land for future generations that follow. Employees are guided by seven core values: safety, sustainability, customer focus, integrity, leadership, people and excellence.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an HR Manager for Peabody’s Metropolitan site on the NSW Illawarra Coast. The site complex consists of underground operations which itself is hidden from view, in the valley amidst the Royal National Park. The main part is located 500 metres below ground.
As the HR Manager, you will report to the Director HR Operations based in Brisbane and work closely with the Executive General Manager. You will have a Senior HR Officer reporting in. The scope of your role will be to foster a culture of direct engagement and provide advice and support to the Site Leadership Team and employees across such areas as IR, ER, performance management, employee engagement and retention, recruitment, cultural change, organisational development and reporting. Additionally, you will support the leadership development of site supervisors and managers.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or similar
- Practical HR experience in HR generalist role covering IR, ER, workforce planning, recruitment, cultural change, organisational development and HR reporting
- Heavy industry experience working with unionised workforce is desirable
- Demonstrated success facilitating cultural change, previous success in fostering a direct engagement culture will be highly regarded
- Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal and influencing skills with customer service focus
Please apply via the link below or for more information please contact Megan Kemp firstname.lastname@example.org m. 0424307245