The Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) has been Queensland's peak professional association for the real estate profession since 1918. With over 100 years’ experience, few associations hold the reputation or brand recognition of the REIQ. Today, the REIQ represents approximately 4,000 individual members, around 1,600 agency offices, and more than 15,000 property professionals including principal licensees, salespeople, property managers, resident unit managers, auctioneers, business brokers, buyers’ agents, and commercial and industrial agents in Queensland.
Through their professionalism and best practice methodologies, REIQ have been able to forge an exceptional reputation as the leading authority on real estate and property-related issues across Queensland.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and as a key member of executive management team, the General Manager will be responsible for delivering and managing the new membership and customer engagement strategy that supports the reputation and growth of the organisation, whilst creating and maintaining a culture of continuous improvements at all levels.
This pivotal leadership and change role will also involve developing and maintaining strategic relationships and understanding the key drivers in the industry through the engagement of key stakeholders which include: Board; Members; Government; Regulators; Sponsors and the wider Real Estate community.
This executive role will provide leadership to 4 direct reports namely: Membership & Realworks Manager; Media & Communications Manager and a Training Services Manager.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Create a high-performance team whilst helping to drive a new culture and strategic direction.
- Lead the implementation of the REIQ Strategic Plan in the areas of Membership & Products, Marketing, Media & Communications and Training Services.
- Collaborate directly with the CEO in the development and implementation of a targeted business development strategy to grow market share within the REIQ’s business lines.
- Develop and review Operational Plans for each area of responsibility.
- Lead the continuous review and improvement of policies, systems, processes and procedures in alignment with legislation and industry standards.
- Providing visionary, strategic leadership and bringing REIQ people and teams together to collaborate and deliver on the REIQ mission.
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, high performance and delivery. Your strategic capability and experience as a senior leader of a complex member based (or similar) environment is underpinned by exceptional management capability, ensuring that you lead and deliver against the core requirements and responsibilities of the role.
Demonstrated negotiation, consultative, communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to deal with the potentially competing needs of various stakeholders are essential requirements for this pivotal position.
The individual will have a high level of commercial acumen and experience in leading and executing organisational strategy within a business in a similar or related industry.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Associate Director - Executive on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652