Cootharinga is a quality service provider who has been supporting children and adults with disabilities across North Queensland for 66 years. The areas of operation extend to Sarina south of Mackay, north to Mornington Island incorporating Cairns and surrounding regions, west to Mount Isa and areas in between, resulting in diverse and varied customers.
Cootharinga’s services include: Multi-disciplinary therapy (occupational therapy, speech therapy, physiotherapy); Going into the community for social and recreational activities; Assistance with day to day life (personal care, cooking, cleaning etc); Skills & Transition Courses (personal growth); School Holiday Program; Cootharinga Accommodation and Recreation Centre (Accommodation and Short Stays); Living in supported accommodation; Assistance with equipment (wheelchairs and mobility equipment etc.) and Cootharinga Home Care – (Aged Care).
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and a key member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), the General Manager, Services will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations and delivery of client services at Cootharinga North Queensland. As the General Manager, Services you will ensure the organisation delivers sector leading services to its clients so that they can lead the very best life.
Leading a team of multi-disciplinary professionals and working collaboratively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, the General Manager, Services will oversee all service delivery and lead budgetary and business planning and reporting such that the geographic regions operate efficiently and effectively.
This key executive appointment will also be accountable for maintaining and strengthening a safe, high performing, client service culture which is constantly focused on achieving world class standards.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Provide effective leadership, support and guidance to your teams, consistent with the Vision, Values, Purpose and Strategic Directions of Cootharinga North Queensland.
- Effectively model the organisational structure and work together with all Senior Leaders to deliver collaborative leadership across the organisation, to achieve customer and business outcomes.
- Effectively implement and communicate Cootharinga North Queensland’s Strategic Directions and business strategies.
- Provide strong leadership and direction within the organisation and externally across industry, government and community stakeholders.
- Work effectively with Chief Executive Officer overseeing your area of operation and with the Executive Leadership Team
- High level management of Cootharinga North Queensland service operations – including exercising relevant service delivery and financial delegations – in partnership with Regional Leaders and their teams.
- Provide overall responsibility for the financial, quality and workforce performance of Cootharinga North Queensland’s service regions and ensure compliance with legislation and regulatory bodies.
- Own accountability for the overall sustainability of the organisation, leading strategies for growth, and ensuring alignment of structure, systems and operations to deliver strategy.
- Direct the organisation’s governance towards fulfilment of statutory and legislative requirements, quality standards, and achievement of ethical customer outcomes across operations.
- Create a culture of change and innovation to enable continuous growth and improvement.
- Lead the organisation’s services and operations to move in the right direction to achieve each business unit’s functions and business goals.
- Foster a workplace and service culture that promotes ethical practices, strong customer focus, open and honest transparent communication and encourages individual integrity;
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at an executive level across the Human Services industry sectors. You will have solid leadership and emotional intelligence skills with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver the services strategy through a complex customer-oriented environment through strong transformational leadership, analytical and strategic thinking.
Your operational and strategic capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your ability to model the organisations values therefore ensuring that you assist Cootharinga to fulfil its vision and core values. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills.
Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster essential networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change.
Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives along with a strong financial, governance and risk compliance skill will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Director - Executive on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application (CV and 2 page Cover Letter) via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for this role is 8th September 2020