Our client is a well-regarded multifaceted resources and infrastructure organisation who are committed in delivering innovative solutions both locally and internationally. They continue to fund major infrastructure projects which will stimulate the growth of the Australian economy for many years to come.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, the General Manager Legal will lead and manage the Legal Function to deliver quality, compliant legal services to all aspects of the business, enabling the delivery of long term strategic growth objectives.
In this pivotal appointment, you will translate the organisation’s strategic agenda into key initiatives, projects and service delivery actions and create a clear sense of direction. You will provide a shared understanding of what must be achieved and recognise and celebrate excellent service and project delivery. The General Manager Legal will establish strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders so that the organisation is well positioned to achieve their long-term strategic growth objectives. The role is based in the Brisbane Head Office but there will be a requirement to travel to site on a regular basis.
Key Role Requirements
- Proactively contribute to the Executive Leadership Team and lead the Legal Division to achieve the organisations strategy and vision;
- Deliver effective advice to ensure the operations are conducted within the limits prescribed by law;
- Advise the organisation on its rights and obligations pursuant to relevant Acts and statutory obligations;
- Inspire a workplace culture consistent with the organisation’s behaviours and values;
- Liaise with government officials, departments or tribunals on matters affecting the company;
- Negotiate, draft and settle major contracts, leases, loan agreements, securities and other commercial arrangements to safeguard company interests;
- Provide advice and counsel to executives on the legal aspects of activities within their assigned areas;
- Effectively manage budget responsibilities within area of responsibility;
- Establish collaborative working relationships across business, Government and with all relevant key external stakeholders;
- Ensure new legislation to be administered by the organisation is understood and embedded from a legal perspective within the organisation;
Required Experience and qualifications:
To be considered for this opportunity you will be a strong people leader with a practical and growth mindset who is looking for an environment and culture of accountability, high performance and delivery. Your strategic capability and experience as a senior leader of a legal function is underpinned by exceptional management capability, ensuring that you lead and deliver against the core requirements and responsibilities of the role.
You will also bring a demonstrated ability to lead and motivate high performing teams to deliver key business outcomes, whilst working collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team to unite the organisation behind a shared vison. A strong understanding and background in Mergers and Acquisitions as well as competition law will be essential as the business enters into a new growth phase.
Strong stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, with a proven ability to champion, lead and implement transformational change. Tertiary qualification in Law or a relevant business discipline will be highly desirable.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on 0411 686 652 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button.