The Sunshine Coast region is widely acknowledged as one of the most desirable places in the world to live, work and play. It’s set to become a leading regional economic powerhouse with a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and outstanding opportunities, which are unrivalled elsewhere in Australia.
The Sunshine Coast Airport is the fastest growing Airport in Australia with year on year passenger growth. The expansion of the runway has enabled local businesses and tourism to flourish in one of South East Queensland’s most desired places to live. As the Sunshine Coast Airport continues to grow, the Sunshine Coast will be opened up to seamless travel from within Australia, the Pacific and Asia, while offering locals the opportunity to connect directly with domestic and international flights.
About the role:
Due to growth and expansion within the Sunshine Coast Airport, an exciting newly created opportunity is now available for a General Manager Property, Retail and Parking Services to join the leadership team. Based on the Sunshine Coast and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager Property, Retail and Parking Services is responsible for leading and managing the Commercial Group, ensuring the timely and effective implementation of the commercial strategy through the management of Retail & Commercial, Parking & Transport Services, Property and Advertising revenue activities of the company.
As the General Manager Property, Retail and Parking Services you will be responsible for the generation of revenue through the strategic property development and management of terminal retail and commercial assets, parking and transport services and airport advertising.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the business plan for the Group incorporating financial budget, statistical analysis and action plans and within this, ensuring the plan supports Sunshine Coast Airport’s corporate vision.
- Lead and manage the Commercial team; specifically ensuring the team is adequately resourced and managed to deliver against the Department business plan.
- Manage the implementation of a Commercial business plan in line with the Commercial strategic plan, Corporate Business Plan; and investment forecasts.
- Manage, monitor and report on the financial performance of the Commercial Department including timely and accurate delivery of the Department’s budget.
- Develop and implement a property development strategy to ensure that the airport delivers the outcomes detailed in the 2040 Master Plan.
- Work with Council to ensure that the planned zoning conditions are realised in accordance with the 2040 Master Plan.
- Monitor all retailer and concessionaire activity and ensure maximum commercial performance is achieved, including currency exchange and new retail and commercial opportunities.
- Ensure ongoing measurement, monitoring and maintenance of standards across all aspects of food and beverage and speciality retail service delivery.
- Monitor all carparking and transport services activities to ensure maximum yield and penetration achieved, that facilities are operated and maintained to agreed standards, and new services and opportunities are investigated and acted upon.
- Development of all commercial property and leasing on airport including the leasing of terminal retail and commercial tenancies and non-terminal building leases/sales.
- Maximise the return on all commercial advertising on airport including outdoor advertising and within the terminal precincts.
- Proactively foster and manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Oversee the development and implementation of marketing plans for the commercial business.
- Proactively seek opportunities for new and additional business, using initiative and working with a high degree of autonomy within agreed boundaries, in particular drive online and data driven opportunities to maximise commercial returns.
- Work closely with the General Manager Aviation Business Development to optimise revenues.
Key skills required:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as Commerce, Economics or Business.
- Extensive management experience in retail or property.
- Extensive experience in property development.
- Experience leading a Business Unit or similar.
- Experience in financial management.
- Awareness of local government town planning and Department of Transport (state and federal) working arrangements.
- Must be based in or willing to relocate the Sunshine Coast region.
For further information please call Graeme Lammie, TROOCOO on 07 3054 1148.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.
**Please note - Troocoo have been exclusively retained to manage this vacancy. Any direct or third party applications will be forwarded on to Troocoo for consideration.**
Closing date for applications - 7th June 2019
Thank you for your interest.