Our exclusive client is a majority Australian owned and operated diverse ASX listed company and is easily recognised as a leading player in their field. With business interests and operations spanning resources, exploration, operations, oil, agriculture, technology and investments they are well positioned within the Australian landscape.
The success their diversified ventures along with a reputation for a collaborative working environment to deliver the business objectives through smart management and hard work has seen the business grow to become one of the state’s largest regionally based corporations. Their future is founded on their long-term commitment to the employees and disciplined management, alongside a proactive approach to the environment, community and social responsibility.
Reporting to the CFO they are on the lookout for a highly experienced General Manager of Procurement to own strategic leadership of the procurement, supply and purchasing function. This position is a new role created to support policy, practice and long-term requirements to support all areas of the business. The GM Procurement will lead and manage the strategic direction for the procurement function to ensure best practice procurement, warehousing, tenders and contract activities are achieved.
This role will influence collaboration, guide internal stakeholders and lead the procurement team to provide efficient and effective day-to-day procurement services.
You would display the following skills:
- 10+ years relevant procurement experience preferably in heavy industry, resources and procurement strategy;
- An exceptional commercial understanding of strategic and tactical procurement operations.
- A heightened ability to implement procurement process and policy whilst striving for innovation and continuous improvement;
- Evolved stakeholder management skills and a high level of influencing ability
- A proven background leading significant procurement teams and coordinating change
- Confident in the delivery of analytics and strategic advice to the executive
- Able to maintain, cultivate and develop a range of supplier relationships to deliver significant commercial benefits for the organisation.
- Highly skilled in managing through change / growth
- Strong personal drive;
- Manages through clarity and trust;
- Calm under pressure;
- Ethical in all that you do and how you work;
- Strategical mind with a relationship focussed;
- A genuine team player and easy to work with
You will be rewarded with a rare, senior level, procurement opportunity to join an established market player in their field and a business poised for further sustainable growth. Applicants with tertiary qualifications and further training in the procurement, business and supply chain industry will be held in high regard.
For more information or a general discussion regarding your career please contact Sean Johnson – Director Projects, Procurement and Operations on 07 3054 1128 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/trocoo/