This fast-growing and successful international software company are looking for a Financial Accountant to support business critical projects over the next 12-18 months. The Financial Accountant will play an important role in these projects, enjoying the interesting work and the complexities of a multinational organisation in a ‘matured start-up’ environment.
Working in a lean finance team who operate as a ‘practice within a business’, this role presents a a unique opportunity for a Financial Accountant in the Brisbane market.
About the Role;
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Financial Accountant will play a key role in supporting Australian and international operations with reporting and associated month end and year end processes. You will also be tasked with reviewing financial information and providing quality assurance and support to international offices.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Prepare all balance sheet reconciliations for EOM and EoFY.
- Process royalty withholding tax and foreign tax credits.
- Review P&L Statements.
- Capex and Opex analysis and reporting.
- Report on variance analysis to budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare tax schedules including BAS, PRT, FBT and Income Tax.
- Maintain fixed assets register.
- Assist with preparation of audit workpapers and external audit .
- Identify system and process improvements.
- Manage the external relationships with Auditors.
- Review and assist with reporting produced by team members with non-finance backgrounds.
- CA/CPA Qualified.
- Graduate in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
- The ideal candidate will come from a business services background.
- Have 3-5 years PQE and be confident of Month End and Financial Year End schedules.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
For further information please email Nick Lemin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively if you are interested in the position, please apply and we will ensure we get back to your application shortly.