About the Company
With a large presence across Asia-Pacific, this organisation is at the forefront of a vibrant industry in Australia. Due to impressive growth as a result of a significant investment and successful projects, the Brisbane head office is looking for a Financial Accountant.
This role is available for an initial 9 month fixed term contract with the potential for a permanent role.
About the Role
As a Financial Accountant you will be responsible for a broad range of financial accounting duties and you will play a key role in the review of the new ERP functionality. Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be encouraged to take initiative on ad hoc projects.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for:
- Manage the month end financial close process
- Review balance sheet reconciliations including suspense and clearing accounts
- Manage, review and ensure compliance with relevant accounting and taxation regulations and reporting standards
- Work closely with the Accounting Operations team to troubleshoot issues arising in bank reconciliations
- Undertake complex accounting tasks including financial instrument accounting, debt covenant calculations etc
- Support the Finance team with various BAU and ad-hoc accounting and project tasks as required
- Undertake analysis and review of Finance system and Business Intelligence reporting requirements as part of the ERP upgrade
You will be a Financial Accountant with Advanced skills in MS Excel and confidence in complex Accounting tasks. Ideally you will have been working within an ASX or large organisation. There is an inclusive and engaging office culture. You will have prior experience in a broad accounting role and showcase your ability to prioritise tasks.
You will ideally be CPA/CA Qualified.
For further information please call Sophie Pereira, TROOCOO on 07 3054 1144
Thank you for your interest.