The client wants to continue to grow their position as the supplier of choice to the multiple industries they serve across Australia. Their drive to develop innovative solutions together with their significant national infrastructure means they are well placed to capture market share. The newly created role of Head of Finance and Strategy will have a positive impact on the overall financial performance of this successful organisation.
With clear goals to achieve over the next 4 years, the Head of Finance and Strategy will be instrumental in guiding and achieving the strategic plan. Reporting directly into the Executive General Manager, you will ensure financial guidance, governance and financial commitments are achieved in line with Company policies and procedures.
As a passionate values-based leader, the Head of Finance and Strategy will embed a strong business partnering culture and encourage robust thinking. You will partner the senior leadership team and be the custodian of the corporate strategy to ensure alignment and progress is constantly being measured.
Your finance team will be coached and developed to partner with the operating functions and work closely with peers to deliver effective financial decision making.
Essential responsibilities and experience:
- Lead and manage the finance function activities and preparation of insightful management reports.
- Annual budgeting and rolling forecasting activities.
- Prepare information for competition analysis and lead the gross profit analysis.
- Identify and lead M&A activities and present recommendations for appropriate approval.
- Lead and manage the annual strategic plan review and process.
- Lead month end process and produce deviation analysis.
- Provide advice on financial performance across each business unit.
- Drive continuous improvements across systems and processes.
- Ensure compliance to internal control frameworks.
- Provide monthly analysis and explanation of achievements against budget to Group CEO and Group CFO.
- Facilitate and support investment and business decisions with reliable and accurate financial advice.
- CA/CPA Qualified with relevant business degree.
- Extensive experience of senior financial stewardship within a commercial business environment.
- Extensive strategy management experience in a corporate environment
- Substantial experience in leading the M&A identification and execution process.
- An inclusive leadership style with an ability of influencing decisions without leadership authority.
- Effective negotiation experience coupled with collaborative mindset.
- A self-motivated and proactive professional who inspires others to thrive.
- Exceptional communication skills across multiple layers of management.
To be a part of this incredible journey of achievement and growth, passion and dedication to excellence will be highly rewarded.
For further information please contact Nick Lemin, Troocoo on 0434 586321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.