The main areas of work are as follows:
- Coordination of budget submissions
- Preparation of external budget papers – Service Delivery Statement, Capital Statement etc.
- Review systems, procedures and processes related to budgetary and financial functions and contribute to continuous improvement and development of budget performance within the Department.
- Provide advice, training and support to other finance staff within the Finance Branch as well as to Divisional finance staff located throughout the Department.
- Excellent financial management skills with the ability to extract, analyse and interpret financial information, to prepare accurate and contextually focussed financial reports to meet various reporting needs of the department and external parties.
- A high level of communication skills with a particular focus on being able to consult and engage with business areas and their respective finance contacts.
- A strong understanding of the State Government financial framework and specifically the State Budget process.
- Strong financial system skills
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems such as PowerBI would also be desirable.