Urban Utilities is responsible for the delivery of drinking water, recycled water and sewerage services to a population of 1.5 million in South-East Queensland.
Urban Utilities is one of Australia’s largest and most innovative water and sewerage businesses with its purpose to enrich the quality of life.
To help achieve this purpose, Urban Utilities are looking for an experienced Executive Leader, People and Safety to join the business on a short-term contract. This is a critical appointment, responsible for implementing the people and safety strategy for the organisation, identifying opportunities with a passion and drive for shaping tomorrow while successfully managing the challenges of today.
The Executive Leader People and Safety will work in partnership with all members of the Executive Leadership Team to drive improvements in leadership, culture and employee experience. The Executive Leader People and Safety will provide leadership and guidance on developing competency areas such as commercial acumen, agility, innovation and critical thinking, Urban Utilities has a significant change agenda and we are seeking someone who can provide enterprise change leadership.
Safety is paramount and as such the Executive Leader People and Safety will lead the new health and safety strategy, Safe Simple, adopting safety differently and the new wellbeing strategy better together providing trusted advice to the Board, Chief Executive Officer and other executives, ensuring a ‘fit for purpose’ approach and culture towards health and safety.
Key Role Requirements
- You will refresh and implement the people and safety strategy in line with the organisational strategy to ensure employees are safe, adaptable, engaged, capable, and are committed to achieving the vision and living the corporate values.
- You will lead the delivery of all aspects of human resource management, industrial relations, workplace health and safety management, organisational change management and employee communications.
- You will ensure safety systems are both intuitive, innovative and accessible with real time data which supports effective decision making and supports Urban Utilities safety aspirations.
- You will be responsible for driving the human centered culture change agenda, journey and operating review for the People and Safety Group.
- You will provide leadership to people and safety governance frameworks, including development and implementation of systems, policies and processes, managing the relevant statutory, regulatory and audit obligations.
- You will champion initiatives that place the right people in the right roles including working with the team to develop the employee value proposition to effectively attract, retain and onboard capable individuals.
- You will act as a trusted advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and executive team and manage and mitigate risk for the organisation and will maintain effective relationships with all relevant stakeholders and commercial relationships.
- You will have a deep understanding of human systems and be the advocate of and lead the sustainable deployment of Kantor’s theory of Structural Dynamics and you will support the use of human Synergistics in the organisation.
- You will oversee the enterprise change management of transformational programs being implemented across Urban Utilities.
While this is a short-term contract it comes with a mandate to make positive change that enhances the performance of the People and Safety Group. Urban Utilities will offer the successful candidate a market leading executive remuneration package with an organisation that focuses on developing its people both personally and professionally.
For further information please call Liana Callaghan Troocoo on 3054 1123. To apply, please submit your resume in word format through SEEK and we will be in contact shortly. Thank you for your interest in this fantastic opportunity.