Our client is a highly regarded navigation and communication specialist that is a leader in their 3 core fields including Marine, Aviation and Defence.
Due to organic growth they are currently looking to strengthen their QLD team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Working in collaboration with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Providing technical input to projects in either a specialised field or across all 3 of their core business focuses.
- Offer expertise and services to establish, deliver and improve their offerings and maintenance works.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electronics or related degree
- Experience in the systems engineering design of complex electronic systems and integration.
- Knowledge of electronic systems operation and the controlled system design, modification, and maintenance including RF principles and common communications protocols.
- Ideally you will be familiar with some or all of the following electronic systems:
- Communications (Radio, Voice, Microwave and Cellular systems)
- Surveillance (Radar and CCTV)
- Positional (DGPS and AIS),
- Telemetry/SCADA (Remote Monitoring and Control)
- Remote Power Systems (ELV).
- Experience working in a project environment providing services into complex programmes and projects.
- Experience working with remote, mission critical systems is essential (Preferably with marine based experience)
- Experience working on R&D projects in a workshop environment is desirable but not essential.
- A strong sense of urgency for solving complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be rewarded with a range of benefits including:
An organisation that believes their people are their biggest investment, so they ensure that we attract and retain the best and brightest people by providing them a safe and challenging work place.
- Fast paced, team-centered work environment
- Opportunities to work with and explore the latest technologies and innovative solutions.
- Competitive rates based on your experience
- Brisbane based organisation
- Professional development and promotion opportunities