The Cross River Rail Project is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australian and Queensland history that will transform Brisbane and connect a vibrant and evolving city with its sporting, entertainment and retail hubs. Running from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills the Queensland capital will finally have a state-of-the-art underground train line to ease pressure on the current network.
A superb opportunity is now available for a Director, Procurement and Contracts Management to be accountable for the delivery of all general goods and services procurement and contracts within the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority. The role will manage and mentor a team of procurement and contract specialists, providing support and advice to internal stakeholders to ensure the business’ procurement and contract needs are achieved.
- Procurement and contracts team leadership managing pre and post award teams.
- Management of the “Forward Procurement Plan”, ensuring timely delivery of procurement activities and to anticipate and plan ongoing resourcing needs.
- Prepare and review procurement and contracting documentation, including approvals, tenders, evaluation, award recommendations, variations, terminations.
- Provide expert advice on contract development to influence contract decision making.
- Provide high level advice and training in relation to all procurement and contracts activities.
- Lead the delivery of contract administration to business areas undertaking procurement.
- Represent the Delivery Authority in supplier communications and negotiations.
- Oversee the resolution of post-award commercial issues ad contract compliance including variations.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and work collaboratively to resolve issues.
You will be able to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and contracts frameworks and the supply-based markets (including contract formation, negotiation and ongoing variations).
- Demonstrated experience in procurement within government and in commercial environments.
- A thorough understanding of procurement within a project focussed environment.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills with a proven ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 10 years + procurement experience
- Tertiary qualifications and / or MCIPS are highly regarded.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a unique opportunity to steer procurement within a landmark project that will leave a legacy for all.
For more information call Sean Johnson on 07 3054 1128 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively hit apply now to register your interest.