TROOCOO are partnering with Queensland University of Technology (QUT) to recruit the extremely pivotal position of Director, Learning Environments and Technology Services. The role is based in Brisbane, Queensland.
QUT is a major Australian University that focusses on global learning for the real world. With over 50,000 students, 12,000 staff and an alumni of over quarter of a million, QUT is a leader in collaborative and creative learning.
Overview of the role.
The Director, Learning Environments and Technology Services (LETS) resides within the TILS Division (Division of Technology, Information and Library Services), which plays a critical role in the development of technological and administrational support services throughout the University.
The role is responsible for a wide range of services including the desktop environments for 12,600 staff and 4,800 student computers and sets the vision and strategy for the development of QUT`s central learning spaces. It will also be instrumental in the current transformation of the University’s ICT function to create single platforms through QUT for all ICT and AV systems. The role is a combination of operational excellence, strategy and future design awareness and implementation.
Role responsibilities, duties and requirements.
As the Director of LETS you will provide strategic leadership in ICT support, participation and development across all areas of the University. This will include the design and implementation of University wide policies and procedures. Additionally you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of ICT services, in line with budgets, ensuring best practice is always undertaken and taking responsibility for significant design developments.
- Undertake continuous development, innovation and awareness on a global scale of improvements, and changes that can be used to further develop the ICT environment within QUT. This will include partnering with external vendors, businesses and collaborators. Importantly you will be expected to continually scan the technology horizon ensuring that QUT is seen as a leader in adoption and awareness.
- Lead and manage staff, acting as a mentor where required and enabling the growth and development of those that you work with both directly and indirectly.
- Highly experienced in senior level ICT Operational Management and Service Delivery.
- Demonstrable background in the implementation of new and leading-edge technologies, processes and designs into enterprise wide environments.
- Proven ability to drive collaboration between different business units and organisation’s.
- Any experience of working with the higher education sector is a benefit, however it’s not mandatory. QUT want to ensure the successful candidate is someone who can bring innovative ideas and thinking to continuously improve and develop the University’s learning environment
- A very attractive remuneration package will be awarded to the successful candidate that will include several flexible employment benefits.
If this position aligns with your skills, experience and career development, please apply or for further information contact email@example.com