Our client is a quasi-government entity based in Queensland whose objective is to support their specific industry as well as the wider Queensland community. With a customer focus on information and advice, the company delivers several valuable services. An opportunity is now available for an experienced Director – Human Resources to support the team.
About the role:
Leading a multi-function human resources team, this role will support the CHRO in delivering exceptional organisational outcomes through the provision of strategic and operational people solutions. This is a key leadership role that will add value through developing and delivering strategic HR solutions and will help to support an exceptional employee experience.
- Develop and implement the Human Resources strategic plan in line with the overall organisational objectives.
- Provide expert advice to senior leaders within the organisation around people and performance matters, educating the wider business on best practice, particularly with complex matters.
- Develop and deliver on the strategic workforce plan in line with the overall organisational strategic plan, meeting current and future demands.
- Provide leadership, guidance, support, and direction of the HR team and department. Coach and develop the team and ensure the standards of performance are set and everyone is clear on what success looks like in the division.
- Comfortably lead organisational change and transformation projects when required and set clear plans in place.
- Support the business around all employee relations and industrial relations matters and manage brand reputation and risk as required.
- Develop and deliver on a contemporary learning and development framework for the organisation, ensuring an exceptional employee experience and an uplift in organisational capability, including leadership capability.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a generalist HR professional with an exceptional leadership background. Prior experience will include:
- Several years' experience operating as a generalist HR leader at senior level.
- Strategic thinker and someone who can think ‘outside the box’.
- Ideally, you will have led multi-functional HR divisions.
- Demonstrated background leading highly engaged teams.
- Calm, considered, and decisive in your work style.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through change and transformation.
- Ability to influence and build credibility with your peer group, ELT and Board.
- Strong understanding of the Australian employment legislation and IR landscape.
- Ideally, you will have experience being responsible for the learning and organisational development function.
For further information please call Jessica O’Neill on 0431 132 206.
Alternatively, if you are interested in applying for this role, please apply via seek and we will be back in touch shortly with an outcome.
Thank you in advance.