The Sunshine Coast is positioning itself for unprecedented growth as a region of choice for tourism and business. With exciting developments including a new runway, terminal expansion and ancillary facilities, Sunshine Coast Airport is determined to create amazing and unique experiences for both its customers and the Sunshine Coast community.
About the role:
In this newly created 12-month fixed term contract, the Communications and Community Engagement Manager will develop and implement communications and engagement strategies to inform, consult, involve and collaborate with communities and stakeholders. As the Communications and Community Engagement Manager, you will play a critical role in supporting the Sunshine Coast Airport, local community, and government.
Key deliverables associated with this role include building strong working relationships with key stakeholders including local residents, community and interest groups, the aviation industry and all levels of government. You will be responsible for developing print and digital communications to build understanding of Airport operations and providing advice to internal stakeholders on how to mitigate community and stakeholder impacts.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement high quality communications and engagement plans to support key Airport objectives which identify key stakeholders, levels of impact and strategies for engagement applying IAP2 principles and methods.
- Write, edit and produce a range of communications material for print and online channels including website, social medias, publications, media material and stakeholder presentations.
- Be the first port of call for community and stakeholder enquiries or concerns regarding Airport operations or projects.
- Manage stakeholder and community engagement tools and activities. Organise and manage community and stakeholder events including community open days, pop-up information sessions and launches.
- Prepare briefing notes on community and stakeholder issues, providing recommendations on how to effectively engage community.
- Collate and analyse engagement data to inform the Airport on community and stakeholder sentiment, advise how that sentiment can influence decision making and provide feedback to stakeholders and community on the results of engagement.
- Represent Sunshine Coast Airport in stakeholder and industry workshops, ensuring Airport interests are understood.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, public relations or related discipline.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communications and engagement plans which build community understanding of and support for an organisation’s operations and projects.
- Proven experience in community and stakeholder engagement, including the ability to engage with local residents and stakeholders on sensitive matters.
- Proven experience in managing conflict and sensitive community issues with the ability to negotiate, influence and build trust.
- Proven experience in identifying, managing and, if possible, mitigating issues which may threaten an organisation’s social licence to operate.
- Proven experience in organising community and stakeholder events, including community open days, consultation sessions and launches.
- Ability to be available for out of hours media and stakeholder enquiries on a roster basis.
To apply please submit your resume in word format through SEEK and we will be in contact with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest.