Troocoo is partnering with Australia's largest commercial energy provider to hire a passionate AWS Solution Architect to join their Melbourne CBD team.
They are looking for a person who can bring ideas to life and create views of the thoughts that flow through the minds of Business and IT stakeholders; a person who inspires broader thinking, gets their hands dirty in the trenches, can simplify complexity and isn’t afraid to embrace turbulence along the way.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for:
- Work with product squads (engineering teams) to design solutions that incrementally migrate to AWS, enabling operational efficiencies through the use of DevOps practices;
- Hands on solution prototyping and testing of architecture patterns;
- Provide subject matter expertise on AWS services, constantly challenging the squads to improve their solutions, while considering performance, stability, availability and costs;
- Align architectures with the AWS well architected framework;
- Develop a strong understanding of strategic business initiatives and support strategic planning across the business and IT;
- Build out & maintain the architecture landscape, roadmaps, patterns & application/technology portfolios;
- Work with stakeholders across the Executive, Product, Data, Design and Engineering teams to provide architecture guidance and support;
- Support the elaboration of platform designs and component models;
- Ensure flawless execution and timely delivery of all work.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- AWS certified solutions architect;
- Experience migrating in house built solutions with legacy architectures to AWS Cloud First architectures;
- Experienced in application, integration, security, network & data architecture;
- Strong technical proficiency across AWS, particularly AWS Serverless delivery;
- Strong experience with containers and serverless architectures;
- Practical experience building solutions within AWS and experience with architecting AWS production workloads for Business and IT operations, across a hybrid Cloud environment;
- Experience designing distributed systems and working with event driven design patterns;
- Experience designing and guiding the breakdown of monolithic systems into a microservices architecture;
- Degree in software engineering, science, engineering, maths or related discipline.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we can't wait to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your application in word format and we'll come back to you shortly to discuss the role further.
For further information about this opportunity, please email Martin Castle at Troocoo, ICT@troocoo.com or call on 07 3054 1129 for a confidential discussion.