We are currently seeking a Senior Platform Engineer to join our clients team on a permanent basis. The successful candidate with be responsible for the continual availability, stability and performance of our clients large-scale e-commence platforms, along with numerous other interdependent systems.
The ideal candidate with have strong Azure OR AWS and SQL skills and is happy to do on call support (7 days a week, 1pm – 9pm).
About The Role
The Platform Engineer will be responsible for:
- Identifying the root cause of problems before they have a major impact upon business process and communicating these with relevant stakeholders for resolution.
- Championing critical incident technical resolutions and subsequent post incident reviews and assigned action items.
- Leading automation efforts to reduce the reliance on manual intervention for tasks via creation of tools and scripting.
- Continually looking for opportunities to improve and enhance via development and optimisation of processes to create efficiencies in daily BAU activities.
- Leading analysis of the current IT environment and recommend opportunities for improvement across alerting, monitoring and management of our platforms.
- Providing guidance within the Cloud Operations space and contribute to the continual improvement of the practice.
- Providing After-Hours Support (within a roster).
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and Public Cloud services (experience with AWS or Azure is required)
- Strong SQL experience and T-SQL query language
- A working understanding of Powershell or equivalent scripting language
- Strong grasp of Automation tools
- Knowledge of best practices and IT Operations in an always-up, always available service
- Microsoft IIS Server 7.0 and above
- Microsoft software development technologies - .NET
- Driven Individual, positive attitudes and ability to self-learn.
For further information about this opportunity, please email Alex Birgan at ICT@troocoo.com or call on 0432 562 082 for a confidential discussion.