Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via differentiated partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are looking for an exceptional senior leader who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
About the role:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer Insurance Australia, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is accountable for overseeing and driving implementation of the business strategy and ensuring commercial, efficient, customer focused operations. The successful applicant will design and implement an operating rhythm that reflects the culture of High Performance with High Integrity, role modelling transparency and discipline.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- With the CEO Australia Insurance and Board, develop and execute business plans to implement the Australia insurance vision and strategy, communicate and manage objectives and achieve the strategic and financial goals in line with A&G values sustainably.
- Contribute to company performance and future growth through a deep understanding of business operations, robust analysis and insights and commercial decision making.
- Significantly influence the operations of the business, encouraging collaboration and best practice and ensuring robust, timely and commercial decisions aligned to the business strategy.
- Evaluate performance through rigorous analysis and provide regular insights and recommendations to the AGH Board to accelerate delivery of major initiatives and promote business growth.
- Influence and direct Directors and senior leaders to optimise operations in their divisions and ensure major initiatives are delivered in a timely, commercial and customer focused way. Provide the CEO and the AGIC Board with Divisional and Director performance assessments
- Play a key role in identifying and managing risks associated with the delivery of strategic initiatives, ensuring a balance of commercial, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Manage strategically and connect the strategy with operational and cultural/people frameworks
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a C-suite level across the insurance or financial services sectors. In this pivotal executive appointment for the business, the Chief Operating Officer will play an instrumental part in working with the existing executive team to deliver the next exciting phase of growth.
This emerging COO role has been designed with the future state in mind, and therefore an executive with a track record in identifying opportunities for change and leading improvement initiatives will be a key requirement for this senior appointment.
Exceptional leadership and communication skills is critical with a demonstrated ability to influence and foster essential networks and partnerships.
With a key focus on strategy execution and operational excellence, it is essential that the new executive brings a deep understanding of business processes, operational challenges, and drivers. Your in-depth knowledge of business functions including Finance and Operations as well as your direct experience in Business Development, Contract Negotiations, Sales and Claims Operations will be preferred.
Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders across the business will be needed as the COO looks to truly understand each division, their value proposition and the customer journey
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again for your interest in this pivotal appointment.