The Sunshine Coast is widely acknowledged as one of the most desirable places in the world to live, work and play. It’s set to become a leading regional economic powerhouse with a progressive approach to sustainable economic growth and outstanding opportunities, which are unrivalled elsewhere in Australia.
The Sunshine Coast is building a new economy with massive capital investment to occur in a new city centre an international airport and leading health and education precincts. It’s connectivity with international markets is growing and it has excellent investment conditions.
The game changing projects will transform the Sunshine Coast economy, it’s employment base and its investment potential and it’s never been a better time to join the outstanding Sunshine Coast Council where its workforce is its greatest asset.
About the role:
In this pivotal appointment for council, you will be the expert legal advisor for Sunshine Coast Council in a pivotal leadership role. Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, and as a key member of the team, the Chief Legal Officer will be responsible for providing leadership and management to the well resourced Legal Services team and contributing to the objectives and goals of the Sunshine Coast Council.
Specifically, responsibilities include:
- Proactive advice to the executive team and Council in regard to emerging issues and new legislation that may impact on the organisation;
- Provision of strategic legal advice to guide the organisation on key policy, strategy, corporate risk and major projects;
- Maintenance of and enhancement of the legal services provided to Council by attracting, developing and retaining staff and ensuring service level agreement conditions with other branches and Groups are effectively managed;
- Engage proactively in the development and review of council’s Corporate Plan, Operational Plan, Annual Budget and Group Business Plans; and
- Preparation of complex legal documentation, contracts and agreements as required.
Strong commercial acumen, outstanding leadership skills, interpersonal skills and personal qualities of excellence in the delivery of legal service, including tact, integrity and discretion will be essential in this pivotal appointment. It is also desirable that you have worked in a public sector organisation during your career.
In return, you will be rewarded with an executive level salary package including vehicle and a career defining opportunity in one of the greatest regions on the planet that has set the vision for the new economy.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652 or Scott Horton on 07 3054 1127 / 0410 292 332. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org