Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+, Auto & General are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive their ambitious growth plans.
About the role:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the financial management and strategic planning of the Insurance Australia business. As a member of the Senior Executive Team, the CFO also plays a key role in setting the overall direction of the company and defining and implementing initiatives to continually improve the business, profitability, customer experience and culture. This is a pivotal appointment and a rare opportunity for a seasoned CFO to join a highly successful business headquartered in Brisbane.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Maximise the Company’s financial performance through prudent management of operating expenditure and revenue, whilst consistent with the Company’s risk appetite,
- Part of a Senior Executive Team that sets a compelling direction and vision for achieving organisational strategy and goals,
- Lead, coach and develop the team and ensure capability meets current and emerging needs by strategically managing and developing talent in accordance with the Company’s succession and performance frameworks,
- Embed an effective finance business partnership framework into the operations,
- Deep dive into the performance of the business segments and the dissemination of this information to key stakeholders and appropriately challenge,
- Advise on the financial implications of management decisions and establishing the financial soundness of proposed acquisitions and divestment of assets or businesses,
- Ensure that the Insurance Australia business is protected through effective financial controls, management accounting and report systems, budgetary controls and expenditure procedures,
- Role model an approach that balances outcomes and effectiveness with a positive people culture that supports the values, capability and strategic imperatives,
- Build constructive relationships and influencing others across the organisation at all levels. Engage with business leaders via key commercial and operation drivers, including product profitability,
- Drive a performance and accountability leadership culture and work with the business to strengthen operating rhythms,
- Further develop and ensure the accuracy and adequacy of the business’s planning and forecasting rhythm; and
- Work closely with the shared Group Finance function in order to ensure timely and insightful reporting.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate significant CFO experience with a well-developed and proven understanding of legislative, regulatory and compliance obligations. Ideally, you will have a deep knowledge of strategy, finance and operations, combined with experience of building innovative partnerships and joint ventures. An exceptional leader, you will also have a track record of success driving performance through accountability in a high-performance culture. The ability to think strategically as well as a deep understanding of business processes, operational challenges and drivers will be critical in this executive appointment.
You will have the opportunity to join a highly successful organisation and play a significant role in its continued and exciting growth. This executive role will offer an excellent remuneration package and outstanding employee benefits. You will experience and contribute to a great company culture with an organisation where you will grow both personally and professionally.
For further information please contact Jon Hottot (Director, Executive & Boards) on 0488 420 003. To apply please submit your application in word format below and we will be in contact with you shortly to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Thank you again for your interest in this pivotal appointment.