People Helping People. It’s at the heart of everything UnitingCare Queensland do. As the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church they’ve supported people across Queensland for over 100 years. And while each of their 400 locations offers unique challenges and rewards, their 17,000 staff and 9000 volunteers are all united by a single goal – to help improve the lives of people in communities across Queensland.
UCQ are looking for passionate individuals who share their values and are driven to make a real difference in the lives of those who need it most – including the elderly, those with disabilities, children, families and Indigenous people.
About the role:
UCQ has recently embarked on a new and exciting corporate renewal, which will create a stronger business model to deliver the organisation’s long-term strategy. This corporate transformation will deliver on a single vision, united voice, stronger partnerships, better stewardship and the ability to make an even greater impact in the services they provide.
Working closely with the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and reporting directly to the Group Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will provide advice, influential leadership and support in the ongoing consolidation, strengthening, and development of their dynamic group of brands. This pivotal role will support business units and functions to drive change, optimisation, efficiencies and continuous improvement while aligning to the mission, goals and the 2030 company vision.
This is a role that requires a strong influencer who can deliver strategic leadership to create an environment conducive to improving value through business optimisation, whilst working collaboratively with the ELT to manage both employee, stakeholder and customer expectations at a holistic level to boost overall service delivery, business growth, profitability and adhering to UnitingCare’s mission to have greatest positive social impact.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Provide strategic financial management, including cost and revenue optimisation, planning, and implementation. Managing and running of all finance activities including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
- Provide executive leadership in leveraging and managing the property portfolio of UnitingCare to ensure it supports business objectives
- Support the development of merger, acquisition and divestment strategies and target growth and revenue opportunities.
- Design and integrate existing and future financial systems to provide robust, accurate and timely financial data to all areas of the business to support day to day operations and planning for the future.
- Provide executive leadership in managing the Retirement Living portfolio of UnitingCare.
- Drive high levels of accountability in the management of investments, provide prudent and effective financial advice, systems and processes to the board and management
- As a member of the ELT take responsibility for key management decisions to ensure the effective operations of UnitingCare Queensland;
- Ensure alignment with UnitingCare’s cultural intent, values and strategic priorities.
- Deliver excellent customer experiences through the interaction of the Finance team with customers and customers’ families regarding invoicing and pricing.
- Create a values driven, safe employment environment that attracts, engages and retains skilled employees and volunteers.
To be considered for the position, you will be an exceptional people leader who can demonstrate extensive experience and a record of achievement as a C-suite executive in a large and complex business. You will need to have worked as a CFO with a proven track record in embedding clear strategic and operational frameworks across multiple divisions. Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills are of paramount importance, combined with the ability to deliver organisational objectives. Your ability to engage others and embrace organisational change with a client service ethos is critical.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a high profile Queensland organisation in an influential senior executive appointment.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine on 07 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email firstname.lastname@example.org