About the organisation:
Southern Cross Care Queensland (SCCQ) is one of the States most iconic faith based Not for Profit organisations. Founded on unshakeable Catholic values and built around valuing and respecting human lives. The organisation’s role is to support people in the choices they make for their health, well-being and general living. Since opening their first facility in 1978 there has been a great deal of change in the delivery of Care services to the community. They deliver unwavering commitment to the provision of the highest quality services, and the care, love and respect that they offer to those who choose to come to live with them or use their services.
SCCQ now has 5 retirement villages, 11 aged care facilities and operate Community Services across South East Queensland, supporting the aged and the disabled in their own homes. It’s been this way at Southern Cross Care Queensland for 40 years since the Knights of the Southern Cross opened their first Queensland facility in Holland Park to now where the organisation has close to 500 independent living units and over 630 residential care places.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the oversight of Southern Cross Care QLD day to day running of the organisation as well as working with the Board in setting and then driving the strategic direction in the delivery of Residential Aged Care, Community Home Care and Retirement Living.
Through the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Executive Officer inspires, motivates and develops a high performing workforce providing leadership towards financial sustainability, operational effectiveness and continuous improvement towards the achievement of strategic objectives.
Leading an organisation of multi-disciplinary functions and working collaboratively across industry bodies and government stakeholders, the Chief Executive Officer leads to sustain and grow the business in an environment of significant change and focus on quality customer-centred care for the elderly in our communities while delivering on the vision, mission and values.
Specifically, key accountabilities include:
- Develop market leading organisational strategies and plans to deliver long and short-term strategic objectives.
- Inspire and shape organisational culture through transformational leadership that instils the vision, mission and values in striving for excellence in the delivery of services and care.
- Lead the SCCQ Executive Leadership Team to deliver upon the strategy through a high performing, customer-centric workforce.
- Provide strong leadership and direction within the organisation and externally across industry, government and community stakeholders.
- Scan and interpret the external environment, maintaining awareness of political, economic, government, business and industry drivers, partnering with relevant bodies and stakeholders to influence direction of the future direction of the organisation.
- Own accountability for the overall sustainability of the organisation, leading strategies for growth, and ensuring alignment of structure, systems and operations to deliver strategy.
- Direct the organisation’s governance towards fulfilment of statutory and legislative requirements, quality standards, and achievement of ethical customer outcomes across operations.
- Create a culture of change and innovation to enable continuous growth and improvement.
- Optimise market placement for the organisation by proactively searching for opportunities to consolidate and grow the organisation organically, as well as through amalgamations and partnerships.
- Represent the organisation and build its profile across government, industry and the community.
- Report to the Board on the status of strategy and plans, highlighting risks and opportunities for growth and sustainability.
Key Skills Required:
To be considered for the position, you will be a strong people leader who demonstrates extensive experience and record of achievements at a CEO level across the Not for Profit or Commercial industry sectors. You will have solid leadership skills and emotional intelligence with the demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategy through a complex customer-oriented environment through strong transformational leadership, analytical and strategic thinking.
Your strategic commercial capability and experience as a senior leader are underpinned by your ability to model Christian values therefore ensuring that you assist SCCQ to fulfil its mission, vision and core values. It is essential that you demonstrate superior presentation and communication skills, with a personal presence and the ability to act confidently as the public spokesperson for the organisation.
Demonstrate integrity in all dealings; be honest and open; listen to and consider stakeholder views; demonstrate empathy; and act in a way that reflects the Catholic culture and values of the organisation.
Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills will be critical for this role as you will need to develop and foster essential networks and partnerships necessary to achieve organisational objectives through periods of growth and change.
Ability to identify opportunities for change and lead improvement initiatives along with strong financial, governance, risk and compliance skill will be needed for this leadership position.
For a strictly confidential discussion, please contact Callan Raine, Associate Director - Executive on (07) 3054 1143 / 0411 686 652. Alternatively, submit your application via the apply button, or email email@example.com