Redlands City Council is progressing with a significant Procurement Transformation Projects and therefore they have identified the need for two Category Managers / Specialists to join the team. Reporting through to the Procurement Transformation Manager they are looking for collaborative leaders with an understanding of OPEX and CAPEX categories.
- Applicants will have the following background / skills;
- An ability to implement category or commodity strategies to optimise business efficiency;
- Experience executing elements of the overall operations/capital category strategy;
- Perform category management activities, including strategic sourcing, supplier relationships, contracts, performance and risk;
- Target spend and identify opportunity to increase quality and improve value for money.
- Delivery of procurement reporting and analysis for improvement
- Identify innovative procurement solutions
- Address vendor issues to ensure the highest level of service delivery.
- Maintain contractual and business relationships and facilitate implementation of procurement change;
- Develop best procurement practices to lead and manage procurement teams;
- Display an understanding of typical categories within a local government environment.
- Relationship focussed
- Highly organised and process focussed but not at the expense of innovation
- Upbeat, positive and optimistic mindset
- Collaborative and team focussed
Redlands Council is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and reflecting the community it serves, women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, especially our traditional owners the Quandamooka Yoolooburrabee peoples are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered for this role. For further information please call Sean Johnson on 07 3054 1128 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org – Alternatively hit apply now to register your interest.