TROOCOO are proud to be partnering with Queensland University of Technology (QUT) to recruit for their Category Manager of ICT. The role is based in Brisbane, Queensland.
QUT is a major Australian University that focusses on global learning for the real world. With over 49,000 students, 12,000 staff, QUT is a leader in collaborative and creative learning.
Overview of the role.
The Category Manager reports to the Associate Director of Strategic Procurement within the Division of Finance and Resource Planning, which is responsible for a range of business functions to facilitate the ongoing financial and planning viability and to realise the universities strategic aims.
This role is responsible for the ICT procurement category strategic leadership and advice incorporating activities across planning, execution, performance and risk management of IT hardware, software, peripherals and cloud services. The position will develop procurement strategies and set up category agreements whilst leveraging government ICT procurement processes whenever possible / appropriate
Role responsibilities, duties and requirements:
- 5-10 years’ experience in ICT procurement;
- Proven experience leading ICT Category Management process and strategy;
- Exceptional negotiation and relationship skills, building trust and partnerships with key stakeholders;
- Previous experience in the establishment and leadership of organisational procurement governance and risk management frameworks to optimise performance;
- A demonstrated ability to engage a broad stakeholder base to deliver exceptional procurement outcomes;
- An ability to manage multiple contracts and business stakeholders at any time;
- A strong understanding of procurement within both the public and private sector is preferred.
- Highly experienced in senior ICT Category Management delivery;
- A “can-do” attitude in all that you do;
- Solution focussed in your approach;
- Personable and relationship focussed in your work.
Tertiary qualifications in procurement / related business or law discipline are highly beneficial. You will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to take ownership of the ICT category within a highly respected educational institution looking to continue to grow and evolve.
If this position aligns with your skills, experience and career development, please apply or for further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07 3054 1128