Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the Role
This role will work with business stakeholders across RSL (Queensland Branch), specifically the Veteran Services Department, to understand why and how business processes and outputs are achieved, while also looking for efficiencies through technology, innovation, digitisation, automation and process improvement.
- Engage all areas of the business to achieve measurable improvements in terms of dollar savings, time savings and enhanced employee experience.
- Conducting and facilitating the gathering and documentation of business requirements
- Process mapping.
- Wireframing and testing planning.
- Performing gap analysis by comparing current capabilities to departmental requirements.
- Promoting and utilising change request processes.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years Business Analyst experience, predominantly in a digital, automation, technology and innovation environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
- Proven track record in communicating requirements, both verbally and through user stories, with logical and clear acceptance criteria that are easily understood by developers, testers and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work across different teams with competing interests and priorities, and the ability to get things done in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Agile project delivery experience.
- Prior experience with and strong comfort using collaboration tools such as Azure DevOps (or Jira), Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and O365 suite including Dynamics CRM.
- Effective stakeholder engagement.
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued.
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities.
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day.
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
Some organisations say it, but RSL Queensland really means it - you will truly be working amongst committed, passionate and talented professionals. Every day, you will push the envelope as we work together towards our goal of delivering a bright future and enduring legacy for all veterans and their families.
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.