The organisation established a Power BI platform with a pilot Enterprise Data Warehouse on Microsoft Azure. This Project has been successful and the decision has been made to rollout this capability to the broader business.
This rollout will be achieved via a Reporting and Analytics Community where ICT provisions technical capabilities to support business representatives with report development and data automation.
This role will develop, maintain and continue to expand the corporate-wide Business Intelligence capability. Initially the incumbent will establish the required resourcing through the approval of a suitable Business Case and continue to profile additional resourcing requests as progressive business units are engaged. Subsequently the role will progress to the development of an engagement strategy that will manage the incremental delivery of the suite of capabilities throughout the business units - including building key relationships with business stakeholders.
- Establish and operate the Reporting and Analytics Community that enables access to data and reduces technical/data debt overtime
- Improve reporting and analytics maturity
- Developing Business Intelligence (BI) Strategy and managing the roadmap improvement of required elements
- Developing and gaining approval for appropriate business cases that support BI initiatives
- Provide subject matter knowledge for the development of BI frameworks
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) frameworks, technologies and tools. Preferably experience with Power BI and Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience producing and reviewing conceptual and logical data models, and associated documentation
- Knowledge or experience with data mart, data vault 2.0 and data warehouse design
- Experience organizing, managing and running business facing workshops
- Experience with data governance and associated corporate structures
- Proven experience in capturing business requirements and producing data related designs or architectures to meet those requirements
- Understanding of Business Intelligence processes, technologies and tools