TROOCOO are proud to be partnering with Queensland University of Technology (QUT) to recruit for their Associate Director of Strategic Procurement based at the Brisbane campus.
QUT is a major Australian University that focusses on global learning for the real world. With over 49,000 students, 12,000 staff, QUT is a leader in collaborative and creative learning.
Overview of the role.
The Associate Director of Strategic Procurement resides within the Division of Finance and Resource Planning, which is responsible for a range of business functions to facilitate the ongoing financial planning viability and to realise the universities strategic aims.
This role is responsible for the strategic leadership of a team of procurement and category management professionals, providing vision, direction and guidance across all procurement activity within QUT. The position will influence significant change through the provision of expert procurement advice and facilitate the implementation of new strategic sourcing and category management frameworks.
Role responsibilities, duties and requirements.
- 10 years + experience in procurement leadership role;
- Proven experience leading the development and implementation of policy, procedures, systems and frameworks;
- Exceptional negotiation and relationship skills, building trust and partnership with key stakeholders;
- An ability to raise the profile of procurement and to educate / train the community;
- Previous experience in the establishment and leadership of organisational procurement governance and risk management frameworks
- A proven background in optimising procurement performance;
- A demonstrated ability to engage a broad stakeholder base to deliver exceptional procurement outcomes;
- An understanding of procurement within both the public and private sector is preferred.
- Highly experienced in senior level procurement delivery;
- Confident and organised with a passion for innovation;
- A “can-do” attitude in all that you do;
- Solution focussed in your approach;
- A respected people leader and coach.
Tertiary qualifications in procurement / related business or law disciplines are highly beneficial. You will be rewarded with very attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to take ownership of procurement within a highly respected educational institution looking to continue to grow and evolve.
If this position aligns with your skills, experience and career development, please apply or for further information contact email@example.com or on 07 3054 1128