Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives. They have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Underpinning their welfare activities is funding from the RSL Art Union, the largest and most successful prize home lottery in Australia.
This is a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive organisation and contribute to building a brighter future and enduring legacy for Australia’s veterans.
About the role
Reporting through to the Asset Manager, we are currently recruiting for the role of Asset Administrator to support Queensland operations. As a member of this fast paced, customer focused team you, will be the first point of contact to all internal stakeholders and be responsible for everything from general asset administration through to fleet management as well as maintenance requests and reporting. On a day to day basis you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain helpdesk administration on behalf of the Asset Management team, including triage of work requests and allocation to Assets staff and contractors as required;
- Coordinate and administer contractor induction processes on behalf of the Asset Management team, including site inspections, provision and archiving of WH&S information and insurances;
- Provide administrative support to the Asset Manager and Asset Management Team;
- Assist in compiling quotations and work requests;
- Management of fleet maintenance, fuel use and reporting;
- Coordinate vehicle registrations, tools, fuel cards and other fleet related processes and functions;
- Maintain insurance register for contractors;
- Process insurance claims for all motor vehicle and asset related damage, including arranging vehicle assessments and quotations for repair;
- Coordinate access to and maintain control of all RSL Queensland buildings, including insurance and management of all security tokens and access codes for the building;
- Practical thinking and an ability to deal with reactive situations in a calm and coordinated manner
- 5+ years administration experience
- Current full driver’s licence
- Relevant certificate or TAFE qualification (Business Administration)
- Strong administration skills
- Strong oral and written communication
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent customer service and expectation management skills
- WH&S experience or qualifications
- Asset management experience
- Exposure to fleet management
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our benefits hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.