Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence
family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and wellbeing services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the role
This role is central to the lotteries’ goal of being data-driven, with analytics delivering tangible business outcomes. The Analytics Manager, Lotteries leads a team of analysts who are responsible for the planning and delivery of a complete set of reporting inclusive of dashboard reporting against lotteries KPIs, operational reporting, performance reporting, marketing reporting, propensity models and other statistical analysis. This role also works closely with key stakeholders across Lotteries, T&I, Marketing and Finance to deliver key commercial and customer insights that drive customer lifetime value, customer retention and commercial performance.
- Support the development of Lottery’s long-term strategy and annual business plan by providing commercial insights and evaluation of growth opportunities
- Provide leadership and insights to support management team decision making and work with the team to develop plans for enhancing their use of analytics to optimise their business areas
- Collaborate with Commercial Analyst to model and evaluate commercial growth opportunities such as pricing changes, new channels, new markets and the implications of changes to the product mix
- Lead the development and ownership of the reporting framework of appropriate reporting formats including dashboards and data visualisation, including operational, Lotteries Committee and Board reporting
- Maintains understanding and awareness of best practice in utilising data and technology innovations to drive commercial and customer value
- Collaborate with T & I Data Insights team to ensure the analytics tools available (data warehouse, Power BI, SSRS, machine learning tools etc) can effectively support the lotteries’ requirements for reporting, statistical analysis and visualisations
- Understands and communicates RSL enterprise and Lotteries vision and provides inputs into strategic direction of the team
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline (statistics, maths, information science, business management, etc.)
- 5+ or more years’ experience managing an analytics team delivering reporting and data analyses services into the business
- Demonstrated stakeholder management capability in a complex cross functional environment including at senior management and technical specialist levels
- Strong analytical capabilities and experienced in developing reports in Microsoft Power BI, SSRS, advanced SQL skills with a solid understanding of analytical tools (such as data warehouse, machine learning, Python)
- Experience bringing new analytics techniques and methods into the lotteries to improve the value of underlying data asset
- Demonstrable contribution to business performance as a result of analytics input
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present and communicate complex ideas in a simple manner
- Highly numerate
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Operate in an Agile test and learn culture – fail fast, learn quick!
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.