This is a key government entity with a large and diverse portfolio. Due to the growth of the division, we currently have two permanent A07 Media Officer positions available.
About the role:
- This role will see you provide strategic media advice to a number of key leaders in the department;
- Develop proactive integrated media campaigns with the wider communications team utilising traditional and digital channels;
- Produce a range of media materials such as media releases, media responses, social media content, speeches and speaking notes and ad-hoc material as required;
- Monitor the media, working as a team provide stakeholders with a regular update on key happenings in the market;
- Manage issues and crisis media/ PR activity as required; and
- Undertake media analysis as required to promote strategic insight into the current landscape.
- Tertiary qualified in communications, journalism, public relations or similar;
- A minimum of 7 + years hand's on media experience, ideally with some exposure to working in the government environment;
- You will have the ability to work with and advise senior level stakeholders around issues management and proactive media/reputation opportunities;
- Exceptional writer with the ability to understand complex information and translate this for the wider Queensland community.
0436 318 299.
Alternatively, if you are interested in the position, please apply below and we will make sure we will get back to your application shortly. Please ensure you submit your resume in word format through SEEK.