Help change veterans’ lives for the better.
RSL Queensland has stood shoulder to shoulder with Queensland’s Defence family for 103 years, and has entered its second century of operations with renewed focus and vision. Their crucial welfare and well-being services are enriching the lives of contemporary veterans and their families through counselling, employment and homelessness services, education, rehabilitation and other programs and initiatives.
The driving force behind funding these services is the RSL Art Union Lottery which over the last decade has reached unprecedented growth through market disruption and innovation. We have also adopted cutting edge technologies to streamline operations and create opportunities for ongoing innovation.
Work amongst leading professionals who are pushing the boundaries in contemporary marketing including the adoption of AI, propensity modelling and a customer experience focus.
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the scoping, development, support and integration of new and existing enterprise applications in response to the organisation’s identified needs using agile and lean methods.
- Provide estimates and identify risks or issues that can affect the timely delivery of new application capabilities. Participate in planning sessions as required.
- Develop and maintain appropriate automated tests.
- Deploy software applications into the various development and testing environments using agreed continuous integration and continuous delivery processes and practices.
- Application support which includes troubleshooting and issue resolution. Creation of post-incident reviews.
- Be actively involved in applying Agile and Lean thinking into the business and development team.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or a related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a .NET developer role using .NET 4.7, .NET Core, XML, SOAP, JSON and GIT.
- Strong Database (SQL Server) experience and Entity Framework.
- Exposure to development within the MS Dynamics Business Application and Power Platform.
- Exposure to development within the MS SharePoint platform.
- Exposure to hosting applications within the Azure environment - i.e. Azure integration stack (Azure Service Bus. APIs, Identity etc.)
- ReactJS, Typescript and CSS experience would be looked at favourably.
- Agile/SCRUM development methodology.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
We could talk about RSL Queensland’s flexible work arrangements, its fully stocked kitchens and fridges and our Benefits Hub. But the benefits that set us apart include:
- RSL Queensland values all voices – have an influence, be the difference!
- Work in an empowered workforce – your new ideas are encouraged, heard and valued
- Have fun while you work – enjoy regular social and team activities
- RSL Queensland is relaxed but professional – dress for your day
- We are dog friendly – bring your fur baby to work!
- Everything you do contributes to a great cause: supporting Queensland’s veteran community
If this is an opportunity that excites you, please apply today.